Sunday, October 3, 2010

Good evening! Well it is nice to be both back here in Pullman, and back online. Let me recap for you what the last few days have been. Nothing. That's it in a nutshell. I have been laying in bed for the last 3 days, because the thought of moving was unbearable. I was sick with what I can only imagine was a virus that failed on the "sneak attack" approach. Let me flesh this out for you, and see if you find this whole scenario as amusing as I did.

So going back about 3 weeks ago I was driving in a car with 4 other girls, on our way to northern Idaho for CRU's fall retreat. The irony in this statement is that I am not a camper, my version of camping is one where we stay in a hotel with a hot tub. But never-the-less I was on my way to a camping filled weekend. In my spacious Jetta were 2 girls that were sick. Yes, we have started this trip well! When we settled into our cabin I noticed that there was one other girl that was sick as well! Great!

~Complete side note the rest of the trip was amazing. We learned that the great Jetta not only can road drive, but off road, go muddin' and swim! I also learned new cool country swing dance moves. As well as having a great time spending time with God and the amazing people that have been in my life over the last year.

After arriving home from retreat I quickly realized that my roommate had been attacked by this foreseen virus. Watching her be sick was awful because I could just sit and take notes of what was going to happen. [Mental reminder I have the worst immune system that will catch anything, and I live in a dorm...] 5 days. That was the length of time it took my roommate to recover and as she was beginning to feel better I began to praise because I was still feeling well! Went to class the next day and I was struck by the worst of the worst. Sitting paying attention to the lecture like any good student and then it happened. The girl to my left coughed on me... That was 3 days ago.

So I guess I got the short end of the stick since I am feeling better now, but I still think that the virus was not going to let me get away and its evil little being was going to attack in any means possible! If you are going to take anything away from this let it be that virus' are sketchy thing and are not to be trusted!

No comments:

Post a Comment