Monday, March 8, 2010

What a Weekend

I had the most unbelievable weekend in a long time. I was able to ditch the books and focus on having a good time and getting to know people. So without dragging this introduction on any longer let me tell you about what happened.

First, Friday I gave up my normal routine of taking care of horses and decided to attend a freshman party that was hosted by CRU, or Campus Crusade for Christ. This was so much fun, as I was able to meet other people that believed the same things that I did, while playing games, and most of all learning to country swing dance! This was an art form that I am deeply regretting not seeing before. After that we all went back and watched a movie!

Saturday I hung out till around 8 when I had to go put on a Hall program in an all guys hall on campus. My idea for said program, since I am SO incredibly mature... "Release Your Inner Child". We finger painted with, yes, pudding! Ate fish sticks, and played a cut throat game of Chubby Bunny! Very, very good night.

Sunday topped all others however. I had to, for a class, spend an entire day at the Challenge Course/ High Ropes Course. This was an extreme highlight because not only did I get to meet a lot of new friends. But I was able to stare one of me fears in the face and scream, "BACK OFF!" =). I had SO much fun.... however I think it is important to mention that EVERY muscle in my body is now hurting! lol

So, why is all of this important? It is important because without people around you, to share life, make memories, and be your support you have nothing. The most important thing that we have is each other, and it is important to be there for others. To encourage, motivate, and mentor. I believe that we all need people that we can trust to be real, and honest with us. To give us the truth, even when we don't want to hear it. Remember, we weren't meant to live alone. So I challenge you to meet someone new, make a new friend, and make a difference in someones life.

No comments:

Post a Comment